Hard to believe that camp is so far behind us already! I hope that your transition back to September life has gone smoothly.
Here are some upcoming volunteer opportunities that are happening over the next couple of months. A reminder that we rely on our volunteers to assist us with offering such great programs for our community throughout the year. For those of you who are hoping to get more camp weeks, this helps in aiding that pursuit. Volunteers who give more than 40 hours a year (or do significant fundraising) get their desired camp weeks. Other volunteers (less than 40 hours/year) are next on the list for desired camp weeks.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Tuesday evenings starting November 24 – January 26 (with two week break over the holidays)
Silver Pines P.S.
- Volunteers are required to attend training at the Bingo Hall through our Charitable partner, once training happens (1 1/2 hours) then you can be assigned Bingo shifts
- Bingo shifts are usually Mondays from 11:45am – 2:45pm, there may be variations to that schedule, maybe a few evening shifts a year, but you can sign up for the shifts that work for your schedule.
- The more volunteers we have, the fewer shifts each volunteer has to do, we aim to have each volunteer do 1 shift/month.
- Volunteer requirements at the Bingo shift;
- must be able to be on your feet,
- walking for the majority of the 3 hour shift;
- be pleasant and helpful to the public;
- no money handling required;
- representative of Autism Ontario;
- uniform provided.
– Assisting with the upkeep of our website
– Assisting with Social Media
- Halloween party
- Holiday Social
- October Autism Awareness Month events
- end of school BBQ
- Photos with Santa at our offices
- Photos with Santa at various Malls throughout the Region