P4P Webcast: Engaging Support Workers: All About Bill 148
Thu Apr 26, 2018
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
For more information....
Pt 1: THURSDAY APRIL 26 at 7pm – Implications of Bill 148
Pt 2: WEDNESDAY MAY 9 at 7pm – Extended Q&A
Join human rights lawyer Cheryl Wiles Pooran for a discussion with families on how Bill 148 could impact people with a disability regarding the costs of hiring and managing their supports and other relevant issues, including:
- Aspects of the law that particularly affect this population and the effective dates
- How to determine if Bill 148 applies to your relationship with your worker
- The difference in responsibilities when the worker is an independent contractor versus an employee
- How to protect your loved one and ensure positive relationships with workers
- Free resources to ensure compliance with the law and to manage relationships
ABOUT THE SPEAKER: CHERYL WILES POORAN
Cheryl Wiles Pooran, of PooranLaw, is an experienced human rights, labour and employment lawyer whose practice is dedicated to serving people with disabilities, their families and not-for-profit organizations in the social, disability and developmental service sectors. Cheryl provides advice and representation in relation to all aspects of employment, labour and human rights law. In addition to labour and employment law, Cheryl also dedicates part of her practice to law reform and working with individuals and families on a wide variety of legal matters that enhance community integration, inclusion, accessibility, access to community supports and government benefits, continuity of care, financial security and quality of life for persons with disabilities.