Join Team AO York for the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon Charity Challenge
Instructions for registration and our Charity discount code are below. Register before July 25 to get the discounted rate of $40.00.
There are 2 parts to registering– event registration, and fundraising registration
(which is called the Scotiabank Charity Challenge).
You can register for the event and create your fundraising profile page at the same time during this
registration process. Please follow each step as shown below, particularly item #16!
Registration for the Event:
1. Go to the STWM website: http://www.STWM.ca
2. Click on REGISTER
3. Click on ‘RACE ROSTER – CANADIAN RUNNER REGISTRATION’
4. Click ‘Register’ on the left hand tool bar.
5. Create a Race Roster account by entering your email address and creating a password. This
will allow you to log back into your Race Roster account once you have registered for the race to
review your race registration information only (not your fundraising information).
6. Select Event distance (5k, half marathon or full marathon)
7. Is this someone you’ve registered before?
• Select a previous registrant – previous registration info will be pre-populated
• OR if you are registering a new participant, enter new registration info
8. Complete Personal information. (All mandatory fields marked with a *).
9. Check off ‘Yes’ under Registration Policies
10. Complete all Additional Questions (All mandatory fields marked with a *)
11. Add Swag & Merchandise purchases by checking ‘Add to order’ if desired.
12. SKIP the ‘Enter Promo Code’ field. THE CHARITY PIN CODE DOES NOT GO HERE. IT CAN
BE ENTERED AT A LATER TIME IN THE SCOTIABANK CHARITY CHALLENGE SECTION
13. Select CONTINUE to WAIVER and additional terms
14. On the Wavier screen, please read and check the box beside ‘I Agree to Scotiabank Toronto
Waterfront Marathon Waiver – Release Waiver And Indemnity. Select CONTINUE.
15. Scotiabank Employee Verification section – Respond to ‘Are you a Scotiabank Employee?’
NOTE: If you are a Scotiabank Employee, you must select yes to participate in the Employee
Program, and to receive the associated program benefits.
16. Important! Scotiabank Charity Challenge section – YOU MUST SELECT ‘YES’ to the question
‘Do you want to participate in the Scotiabank Charity Challenge as a fundraiser or make a
Choose Autism Ontario when asked, then create your fundraising page with the following codes that are our special DISCOUNT CHARITY PIN codes:
- 5k – 18AUTISMONT5K ($40)
- 5k with Stroller 18AUTISMONT5ST ($50)
- Marathon or Half Marathon – 18AUTISMONT42K ($80)
If anywhere it asks if you are part of a team, please specify Autism Ontario York Region team.
Next: Create your fundraising account
– ‘Create a Scotiabank Charity Challenge Fundraising Account (via Artez).
– Create a username and password (KEEP THIS INFORMATION RECORDED FOR FUTURE
REFERENCE), and enter a fundraising goal.
20. If you do not wish to make a donation during registration, skip this step.
21. Select ‘Continue to Payment’
22. Verify Order details (on the right hand side of the screen). This will include your Event
Distance, Registration Fee, Charity discount (Ensure the discount has been applied as
you cannot claim it later).
23. Complete payment information and click Submit order.
Important! Click the button ONCE ONLY; it will look like it’s not processing but in fact there is a
slight delay before transaction is complete.
Result: Thank You! Confirmation Number screen
24. Now set up your personal Fundraising Page
Transfer over to your Personal Online Fundraising Account by clicking on the
“Autism Ontario” button in the Scotiabank Charity Challenge window.
Fundraising for the Event:
Once you click on your Charity on the Confirmation screen, you will automatically be transferred over to
your fundraising page in Artez.
The ‘Home’ tab shows the message that will appear on your personal fundraising page.
Please edit and personalize this message!
- Click ‘Edit Message’ below the text content.
- To add photos and videos, select ‘Add Media’.
- To remove the generic photo that is already there, click on it and deselect ‘Display Image’.
- The ‘Fundraising’ tab will allow you to change your fundraising goal, email potential sponsors, see
donations made to you, manually enter cash and cheque donations and more!
- To edit any of your personal information on your fundraising page, select ‘Profile’
Note- this does not change the information on your race registration, only the information on your
The ‘Registration’ tab is NOT your race registration – it is stating that you are registered in Artez for
Important! To log back into your fundraising account, use the steps below (save the link for easy
Enter the username and password created in Step #19 (setup of fundraising account).
ONCE BOTH REGISTRATIONS ARE COMPLETED, you will receive two confirmation emails. YOU MUST SAVE BOTH EMAILS!
• Race Registration from Race Roster –
This contains a .pdf of your race registration confirmation & number. You will need this email to pick up
your race packet prior to race day.
• Charity Fundraising Registration from your Charity –
This contains a link to your personal fundraising page, and how to log back into your account
If you have any questions about the registration process, email team captain Jenny Donnell, at email@example.com
- Share registration and discount count with as many others as you can, and have them join Team AO York!
The Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon is being held on Sunday October 21, 2018, so mark your calendars! We’d love to have you join Team AO York for a fun and easy 5 km walk/run.
This is such a fun event – get involved and make a difference! We’re completing the 5 km walk/run as a team, raising money to help our chapter provide programs and services for people with autism, their families and loved ones in York Region. Scotiabank covers all the fees associated with online fundraising, so 100% of the funds you raise will go directly to AO York.
Last year we raised $8,513, and used the funds for programs and activities serving our community and their families across York Region. Longtime chapter volunteer Jenny Donnell will be leading the team again this year and she’s set our team goal at $10,000.