Sunday April 2nd is World Autism Awareness Day. At AO York, we are proud of our neurodiverse community. We are celebrating awareness, acceptance and inclusion of people with autism! Please join us throughout the week for municipal flag-raisings:
Monday April 3rd:
- City of Vaughan – 9:00am – 2141 Major MacKenzie Dr. West
- Township of Georgina – time to be confirmed – 26557 Civic Centre Rd. Keswick
- Town of Richmond Hill – 1:00pm – 225 East Beaver Creek Rd. Richmond Hill
Tuesday April 4th:
- City of Markham – 9:30am – 101 Town Centre Blvd. Markham
Friday April 7th:
- Town of Aurora – 3:00pm – 100 John West Way Aurora
We are also very fortunate to have a number of York Region schools taking part in Autism Ontario’s #RaiseTheFlagForAutism campaign this year. These schools are displaying our flag, talking about autism and how to be a friend to someone on the spectrum and fostering inclusive schools. Many are also fundraising donations as well!
Are you going to a flag raising? Has your school got a Raise The Flag or Autism Awareness display? Use our hashtag #RaiseTheFlagForAutism and don’t forget to tag us on social media so we can share your celebration.